Selmer Paris Model 74F 'Reference 54' Professional Tenor Saxophone MINT CONDITION
This is a MINT Selmer Reference 54 tenor saxophone.
Designed to be a faithful copy of a 1954 Selmer Mark VI tenor saxophone, the Reference 54 has been making quite a name for itself. Many are saying that this is the best tenor from Selmer since the early VIs. This one has an dark gold finish to replicate the subtle aging of the lacquer of those vintage tenors.
- Acoustics: Reference body style-full sound
- Necks: Reference bore
- Construction: ribs
- Body material: Deep lacquer over yellow brass
- Mouthpiece: Super Session
- Mechanism: compact key positioning - closer to the body and directly under the hand
- Range: high F# key
- Front F key: spatula
- Left-hand thumb rest: plastic
- Right-hand thumb rest: metal adjustable
- Adjusting screws: high F, G# key, F#/G# lug, F#/G#, adjusting bar, low C#, low B, side C, side Bb
- Pivot screws: tapered
- Needle springs: blued steel
- Pads: treated leather with metal resonators
- Hand-engraved bell
- Shaped flight case
This instrument is in perfect condition. Ostensibly a demo model, I see no sign that it has ever been played. Pictures tell the rest of the story! Please feel free to email with additional questions.
We are proud to be an authorized Selmer Paris dealer