Selmer Paris Model 74 'Reference 54' Professional Tenor Saxophone MINT CONDITION
Shipping Cost : $55.00
This saxophone has had very little playing time and is in perfect condition.
Inspired by the Mark VI model released in 1954, the Selmer Paris 74 Reference 54 tenor is a professional saxophone that integrates the Mark VI's legendary acoustic characteristics with innovative modern key work and better intonation. A major favorite among jazz saxophonists, the Reference 54 tenor saxophone offers a rich throaty sound that even "barks" well in the lower register. The keywork of the Selmer 74 tenor saxophone is extremely fluid and reacts well to even the most wicked licks. Complete with shaped flight case, Selmer Paris Super Session mouthpiece, cap and ligature, and care products. Join the legions of jazz saxophonists that have rediscovered the sound of the legendary Mark VI and have made the Selmer 74 Reference 54 tenor saxophone their horn of choice. The Reference 54 tenor takes its inspiration from a 1958 mid-70,000 serial number Mark VI. It plays, feels, and looks like a vintage Selmer, including longer bell to improve intonation and a matte finish.
- Acoustics: Reference body style-full sound
- Necks: Reference bore
- Construction: ribs
- Body material: Matte finish over yellow brass
- Mouthpiece: Super Session
- Mechanism: compact key positioning - closer to the body and directly under the hand
- Range: high F# key
- Front F key: spatula
- Left-hand thumb rest: plastic
- Right-hand thumb rest: metal adjustable
- Adjusting screws: high F, G# key, F#/G# lug, F#/G#, adjusting bar, low C#, low B, side C, side Bb
- Pivot screws: tapered
- Needle springs: blued steel
- Pads: treated leather with metal resonators
- Hand-engraved bell
- Shaped flight case
Pictures tell the rest of the story! Please email us with additional questions.
We are proud to be an authorized Selmer Paris dealer