Bach Model 3427EW Classic 7EW Flugelhorn Mouthpiece in Silver Plate BRAND NEW
This mouthpiece is brand new in original packaging.
Find the best mouthpiece for your individual embouchure. When selecting a mouthpiece, a brass instrumentalist should choose one with a solid, compact tone of large volume. A carefully selected Bach mouthpiece can help improve a player's embouchure, attack, tonguing and endurance. Because no two players have the same lip or tooth formation, what is perfect for one may be entirely unsuitable for the other. Bach produces many different models so that each player can find the best mouthpiece for their individual embouchure. A mouthpiece consists of the rim, cup, throat, and backbore. Bringing these various components into proper relationship constitutes the art of superior mouthpiece production. In choosing a special combination of rim, cup, throat and backbore designs, consider the effects of each. Find the best mouthpiece for your individual embouchure.
A mouthpiece consists of the rim, cup, throat, and backbore. Bringing these various components into proper relationship constitutes the art of superior mouthpiece production. In choosing a special combination of rim, cup, throat and backbore designs, consider the effects of each.
- Wide: Increases endurance
- Narrow: Improves flexibility, range
- Round: Improves comfort
- Sharp: Increases brilliance, precision of attack
- Model numbers progress numerically from model #1 with the largest cup diameter, to model #20C with the smallest cup diameter.
- Large: Increases volume, control
- Small: Relieves fatigue, weakness
- Deep: Darkens tone, especially in low register
- Shallow: Brightens tone, improves response, especially in high register
- Cup depths are notated with letters. "A" cups are the deepest; standard cups have no letter designation; progressively shallower cups are marked B through F.
- Large: Increases blowing freedom, volume, tone; sharpens high register (largest sizes also sharpen low register
- Small: Increases resistance, endurance, brilliance; flattens high register
Except in general terms, it isn't possible to identify backbores by size because they also vary in shape. Various combinations of size and shape make the tone darker or more brilliant, raise or lower the pitch in one or more registers, increase or decrease volume. In each instance, the effect depends in part on the throat and cup used in combination with the backbore.
Please feel free to email with any additional questions.
We are proud to be an authorized Bach dealer
The Mighty Quinn Brass and Winds is proud to offer financing through our partnership with United Midwest Savings Bank!
Financing is available for purchases as low as $1,500 and as high as $15,000. Payments can be stretched out as long as 60 months to make it possible to purchase your dream instrument.
Click here to apply for financing. Use Merchant ID 3631
We offer low monthly payments, competitive interest rates and free online bill pay.
For more information visit United Midwest Savings Bank
We want you to be happy and satisfied with your purchase, and we offer an unconditional 30 day return policy. If you are unhappy with your item for any reason, just return it for a full refund or full credit towards an exchange. (Reeds and other consumables are non-returnable once opened.)
We warranty every item we sell to be free of mechanical defects. If you find an issue with your purchase, please contact us. We will either reimburse you to have any minor repairs completed by your local repair shop, or we will send you a label to cover all return postage charges so that we can either repair your instrument, exchange your instrument, or issue you a refund for your instrument. We stand behind our products, and we truly want you to be happy.
Please note that if you simply change your mind about purchase of an item - if you find that it's just not the one for you - you are still entitled to a full refund. We never charge a restocking fee; however, you will be responsible for the expense involved in shipping the item back to us. Upon receipt of your return, our technicians will go over the instrument to ensure everything is in the same condition in which it was sold, and then your refund will be proceed directly, no questions asked.
BRAND NEW ITEMS are covered by the full manufacturer’s warranty unless specifically noted otherwise. Please check individual makers for terms and conditions.
OPEN BOX ITEMS include a two-year warranty serviced through our in-house repair shop. We guarantee that every instrument we sell is free of mechanical defects.
PLEASE NOTE: Warranty does not cover the following:
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from accident, negligence, misuse, abuse, operation or failure to follow instructions according to the Owner’s Manual for this product
- Any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed
- Normal wear and any periodic maintenance
- Deterioration due to perspiration, corrosive atmosphere or other external causes such as extremes in temperature or humidity
- Lacquer or plating finish wear
- Springs, pads and felt parts
USED/VINTAGE ITEMS include a one-year warranty with the same exclusions as above.
HOW TO USE YOUR WARRANTYContact email@example.com attaching photos of the affected item, so that we we may determine the best course of action:
(For larger repairs) Receive a free mailing label to send the instrument back to us for repair. We will address any technical problems in our shop and send you back your horn free of charge.
(For small repairs) Bring your instrument to a trusted local shop for a quote, and we will reimburse you their nominal shop fee to fix it at their location.