Yamaha Model YAS-875EXIIS Custom EX Alto Saxophone in Silver Plate BRAND NEW
This instrument is brand new and carries the full manufactuer's warranty.
The Yamaha YAS-875EXII Custom EX alto saxophone marks a huge step forward in saxophone design. Offering players a wealth of new musical possibilities, the new Custom EX has been designed in collaboration with some of the world’s most talented saxophonists, including Nobuya Sugawa, Jean-Yves Fourmeau and Otis Murphy. Their invaluable input has facilitated the creation of an instrument that provides expressive sounds and a stress-free playing experience.
Acoustic Annealing is a precise heat-treating process that altars the grain shapes of the brass molecules in order to attain a quicker, more even response as well as improved resonance. Yamaha uses their own, proprietary, acoustic annealing process that is fine-tuned to reach the desired effect on Yamaha instruments.
Post-to-Rib Construction – The key posts are soldered onto a separate bar of metal called a rib which is then soldered onto the body of the saxophone. This increases the strength of construction as well as the weight of the instrument. The added weight results in increased resonance and a richer, deeper sound. Different saxophones use different sized ribs in order to affect the weight and sound quality in different parts of the instrument.
The redesigned Custom EX alto saxophone features include:
- Redesigned Ergonomics: Key shapes and angles were re-analyzed and adjusted for more comfortable hand position and quick, nimble action. I
- mproved Low-Range Response: During the design process, Yamaha experimented with new methods for producing the bottom bow of the instrument. The diameters of the low C and D toneholes have been reduced and the tone holes have been moved closer to the mouthpiece. Additionally, the new bottom bow has been heat-treated through Yamaha’s proprietary acoustic annealing process. The combination of these design changes provides a more responsive and warm sounding low range on the saxophone.
- Hand-Engraved Bell: The YAS-875EXII features a hand-engraved bell, exhibiting a new and elegant lily design.
- Improved Intonation and Response: Tone holes have been resized to provide a more even intonation and response throughout the range of the instrument.
- Case: The ASC-800E case offers a contemporary look and includes backpack straps for ease of transport.
We offer free shipping on this instrument. Please feel free to email us any additional questions!
We are proud to be an authorized Yamaha dealer
We want you to be happy and satisfied with your purchase, and we offer an unconditional 30 day return policy. If you are unhappy with your item for any reason, just return it for a full refund or full credit towards an exchange. (Reeds and other consumables are non-returnable once opened.)
We warranty every item we sell to be free of mechanical defects. If you find an issue with your purchase, please contact us. We will either reimburse you to have any minor repairs completed by your local repair shop, or we will send you a label to cover all return postage charges so that we can either repair your instrument, exchange your instrument, or issue you a refund for your instrument. We stand behind our products, and we truly want you to be happy.
Please note that if you simply change your mind about purchase of an item - if you find that it's just not the one for you - you are still entitled to a full refund. We never charge a restocking fee; however, you will be responsible for the expense involved in shipping the item back to us. We will issue your refund directly upon receipt of the item, no questions asked.