Bach Model 3428HA Classic 8.5A Flugelhorn Mouthpiece in Silver Plate BRAND NEW
This mouthpiece is brand new in original packaging.
Find the best mouthpiece for your individual embouchure. When selecting a mouthpiece, a brass instrumentalist should choose one with a solid, compact tone of large volume. A carefully selected Bach mouthpiece can help improve a player's embouchure, attack, tonguing and endurance. Because no two players have the same lip or tooth formation, what is perfect for one may be entirely unsuitable for the other.
A mouthpiece consists of the rim, cup, throat, and backbore. Bringing these various components into proper relationship constitutes the art of superior mouthpiece production. In choosing a special combination of rim, cup, throat and backbore designs, consider the effects of each.
- Wide: Increases endurance
- Narrow: Improves flexibility, range
- Round: Improves comfort
- Sharp: Increases brilliance, precision of attack
- Model numbers progress numerically from model #1 with the largest cup diameter, to model #20C with the smallest cup diameter.
- Large: Increases volume, control
- Small: Relieves fatigue, weakness
- Deep: Darkens tone, especially in low register
- Shallow: Brightens tone, improves response, especially in high register
- Cup depths are notated with letters. "A" cups are the deepest; standard cups have no letter designation; progressively shallower cups are marked B through F.
- Large: Increases blowing freedom, volume, tone; sharpens high register (largest sizes also sharpen low register
- Small: Increases resistance, endurance, brilliance; flattens high register
- Except in general terms, it isn't possible to identify backbores by size because they also vary in shape. Various combinations of size and shape make the tone darker or more brilliant, raise or lower the pitch in one or more registers, increase or decrease volume. In each instance, the effect depends in part on the throat and cup used in combination with the backbore.
Please feel free to email with any additional questions!
We are proud to be an authorized Bach dealer
We want you to be happy and satisfied with your purchase, and we offer an unconditional 30 day return policy. If you are unhappy with your item for any reason, just return it for a full refund or full credit towards an exchange. (Reeds and other consumables are non-returnable once opened.)
We warranty every item we sell to be free of mechanical defects. If you find an issue with your purchase, please contact us. We will either reimburse you to have any minor repairs completed by your local repair shop, or we will send you a label to cover all return postage charges so that we can either repair your instrument, exchange your instrument, or issue you a refund for your instrument. We stand behind our products, and we truly want you to be happy.
Please note that if you simply change your mind about purchase of an item - if you find that it's just not the one for you - you are still entitled to a full refund. We never charge a restocking fee; however, you will be responsible for the expense involved in shipping the item back to us. We will issue your refund directly upon receipt of the item, no questions asked.